Sunday, November 30, 2014

Think to thank!

Aloha Everyone!

So...The winter cold has come! It snowed last week!!! I enjoyed watching big snowflakes that looked like silver butterflies, falling from the sky! It was funny cuz the members here were worried about me and my companion. We got lots of text offering us a ride! Loved it! One day, my companion told me that we should try biking and then.... you probably know what happened to us next. :p We didn't make a good decision to ride our bikes on snow! It was fun though. 








The gloomy days and the cold weather never stopped us to walk and work hard last week! 
We've got some referrals and contacted them as soon as we got them. We've met one of them and she was really nice. We set another appointment and will start teaching lessons this week. Yesterday, we got another referral and we were told that she wanted us to teach her already. I love how the Lord keeps us busy every day. :)

My week has been great so far! Both of the wards we are serving have been good in supporting and helping us reach out to less active members, recent converts and our investigators. We did some services for members and one of them was helping a member's kids to build snowman. (picture attached: snow missionaries) (oh well that was just for fun), we actually helped the mom make some sponges/scrubbies. We also helped a member make some costumes for kids. It was so much fun!

Aside from strengthening less active and recent converts and finding investigators, we are also making sure to help members share the gospel. We started doing a little activity with the members we had dinner with. We asked them what they were grateful for. They were touched by what their children said and remembered how blessed they are having the gospel in their lives. They were very thankful for the activity. 

We also tried making goals each week so we can strengthen our companionship and help each other grow more spiritually.

I know that as we strive to live the gospel, we will be able to feel the enabling power of the atonement. I know that Jesus lives and that He loves us. I would like to end my email with a quote from President Monson: "'Thank You' frequently expressed will cheer your spirit, broaden your friendships and lift your lives to a higher pathway as you journey towards perfection." 

I have so many things to be thankful for! Here are a few of them: I am grateful for the gospel in my life. I am grateful for my family for their support and for their love for me. I am thankful for the opportunity to serve in Twin Falls. People here are just amazing! I am grateful for my nice companion. I am grateful for Jesus' atonement and for Heavenly Father's tender mercy and love for me. I am grateful for the Holy Ghost in my life. I am grateful for all of you. 


PS:
Funny moments from last week: 

We had splits last Saturday and because of miscommunication, I was left alone in the house we were staying at for like 15 minutes. The family who owned the house went to watch football at BYU so no one was there when I got dropped off. I thought my companion was waiting for me in the house but she wasn't so yup It was a long story and i felt really weird. 

We couldn't run around the temple anymore since it was just super cold outside so we tried doing kickboxing. hahaha we're trying to exercise as much as possible since we get fed a lot! :p

Love you all! Hope everything is going well for all of you!

Happy Thanksgiving! 

Love,
Sister Taguba

No comments:

Post a Comment