Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Oct. 27, 2014

Aloha everyone!

It's been two weeks since I got here in Idaho. This past week we've been trying to focus on less active members. We found out that these less actives have some family members that are not yet members of the church. We've been working on helping them know the gospel. 

We cover 2 wards (1st and 15th). Members in each ward are just awesome! They're having hard time saying my surname and so they'd always ask me to say it for them. It's really funny cuz my companion's name is just as hard to pronounce as mine..

Sister Pohahau and I have been busy and tired riding our bikes. I'm still struggling with riding my bike. We have a large area but we are not allowed to use car cuz we are assigned in a biking area mission. Oh well I guess I just need to try a little harder till I get used to it. 

Last week, I was just not motivated to ride my bike and was really home sick so the elders in our district gave me a blessing. I felt better after that. I talked to my mission president as well and he gave me some good advice. The changes and transitions here in the mission field are making me crazy but I know that I have to make effort to get used to these changes.

The weather here is making me crazy as well. Every day, sister Pohahau checks the weather and last week, she'd been saying "it's ugly outside" and I kept saying "at least we're beautiful" :) One day while studying I opened our window and saw the sun rising. It was beautiful. I showed my companion the sunrise. Though sunrise is barely seen here in Twin, I always hope to see the sun every morning. I hated the sun when I was in the Philippines but now I missed the it. 

We had baptism last Saturday. The new member's name is Lucas. He's 19 and he's a really nice man. My companion said he has been struggling with many things but decided to improve his life. I felt like I didn't really teach him. It was my companion and her ex companion who taught him the first few lessons. I got to teach him the last one. The baptism was a spiritual one. We all felt the Spirit and Luke's testimony was short but very powerful. He was confirmed yesterday and I was glad to see his bright smiles. I'm happy to witness how the gospel of Jesus Christ has changed this young man's life.

This week, I've also been studying the doctrine of Christ and been focusing on the atonement. I read the scriptures and preach my gospel. While studying, I realized that I didn't really know the meaning of the atonement. Or maybe I knew the literal meaning of Christ's sacrifice, but didn't really apply it in my life. I learned that as a missionary, I can't teach people this principle and other principles if I don't really understand them. So I thought of applying first the things I learned before really teaching them.

Though last week was hard for me, I learned to stretch to strengthen my testimony of the Savior. I learned to take corrections and face my weaknesses humbly. I love being a missionary. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be able to share my love and the love of God to the people in Idaho. I know the Savior lives. 

Thank you for your love and support. I'm grateful for all of you! :)

-Sister Taguba










No comments:

Post a Comment